We are hiring
About the job
As an ambitious and technology focused company, we always keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented Mechatronics Engineer colleague who can help us, as part of our Hardware R&D team, to research on new technological developments, support on existing on-going projects and to improve the mechatronics design of our fire extinguishing systems.
Where and When
- This fulltime position is based in our Headquarters in Noordwijk (NL).
As our new Mechatronics Engineer, you will define and work on R&D for ExxFire’s new and existing products - cross-functionally, cross-disciplinary and cross departmentally. This means you will:
- Design and draft mechanical parts required for the further development of our systems
- Design and draft electrical layouts
- Support engineers with R&D
- Provide detailed system operation instructions
- Support with technical documentation preparation
- Set-up and execute applied research to gain and share knowledge needed for product development and continuous improvements;
- Build test setups, gather and analyze data to get insight into the equipment performance
- Use these results as input for improving the mechatronic design of our systems
- Contribute to translating high-level requirements into detailed requirements for our products
- Own a functional part of a product, connecting mechanical- electrical- and software- disciplines
- Understand and follow ExxFire Systems (QS) as well as regulations related to CE, ISO norms and Company policies
- Lead and execute multi-disciplinary problem solving including experiments, analysis, calculations and modelling within the team.
- Report and present your findings to the team and other project stakeholders.
To be successful in this challenging job, you bring a master’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent) and more than 2 years of experience as a Mechatronics Engineer. Furthermore, you have:
- Knowledge of system modelling (mostly in the mechanical and electrical domain) and of data visualization and statistics
- Some programming skills (Matlab/Simulink, Python, C++) would be a plus
- A hands-on mentality
- The ability to prioritize, work independently, plan, organize, and follow-up
- The ability to look at issues at different levels, from component details to system level impact
- Good communication skills, curiosity and ability to learn quickly
Please note we are currently only looking for people who are already living and working in the Netherlands, as we provide no relocation or work-permit services.
What we offer
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Possibilities to grow inside the organization
- Daily commute paid based on public transport or km
- Walking distance from public transport but also free parking at the office
- Daily fresh fruit and drinks
- An open, international working environment and flat-organization
Do you recognize yourself in the above and are you interested? Then please apply directly!
A world alive with possibility
From the very beginning, our mission has been to develop green, sustainable, safe and easy fire detection and extinguishing solutions. And thanks to our talented team, that’s just what we’re doing. Our team is pushing boundaries to give customers the tools they need to fight against fire on valuable electrical and electronics applications, now and in the future. Every employee plays their part in making this happen. We need your expertise – come be a part of it!
More About ExxFire
ExxFire was founded in 2011 as Fire Suppression Inside in the ESA Incubation program with a fire extinguisher for ICT Servers. Since then, ExxFire has got many renamed innovation grants and awards to further investigate and develop their products up to the outcome of the current commercial systems, which work as first line of defence against fire and overheating in server racks and closed cabinets where valuable electronics are placed.